Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Archival Audio Clips: Lola Koundakjian: April 30, 2006

Over the past five years, the Armenian Poetry Project has grown so much that all the older audio archives were no longer accessible to iTunes.

In an effort to remediate this technological issue, the following clips have be reposted.

1. Lola Koundakjian reads her poem April 2006 .


Mon, 1 May 2006 07:00:00 EST 
Մօրս պէժ քաշմիր բուրդը
Կեանքս ազատեց երբ հասայ
Ծանր հարբոյխով մը:

Երանի իմ կարգիս կարենայի
Կեանքը ազատել այն ընտանիքին
Որ հիւսեց այդ բուրդը:

Ու՞ր է արդարութիւնը,
Մարդոց խի՞ղճը:

Լօլա Գունտաքճեան (2006)


Here is the translation.

April 30 2006
My mother's beige cashmere sweater
Saved my life when I arrived
with a bad cold

I wish in return I could
save the lives of those
who wove that wool

Where is justice?
Where is morality?
India -- Pakistan -- Kashmir -- Bangladesh.


Copyright, Lola Koundakjian, 2006.

No comments: