Sunday, March 27, 2011

Celeste Snowber: Kohala wind

























Photo by Gary Bandzmer




Kohala wind


she moves fiercely
one feels her in the bone
the skin knows her arrival
the ears hear her symphony
greens of every variety are swaying
in her announcement

Kohala wind on the Northwest Coast
of the Big Island of Hawaii
a constant companion
who reminds me of where
humans derive: of earth and humus

whatever details are swirling
in my small mind and lilting body
they are small compared to her power
it is her character to disrupt, turn over
create dances with the landscape

I am comforted and disturbed in her wake
not knowing how I will live without her
it as if she has become a lover
leaving me once again with longing


Celeste Snowber
March 22, 2011
Kapa’au, Hawaii

No comments: